Engineering Tech IV (Test Cell)
Supporting the installation, setup, maintenance, and operation of test articles, control systems, support equipment, and facilities for propulsion and power test operations. Additionally, duties involve modification and/or upgrade of existing test facilities, equipment, and data acquisition systems to meet specific program evaluation requirements. May be required to perform other tasks on an as-needed basis. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Requisition #2022-015
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A high school diploma/GED and completion of a military or technical trade school in propulsion systems, electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, or armaments/ordnance; or completion of at least 30 semester hours of related technical courses.
- At least ten (10) years of practical experience in propulsion system installation, repairs, and maintenance.
- A general knowledge of engines, gearboxes, lubricant systems, bearing and gear systems, and hydraulic systems of various engines and accessories acquired through on-the-job exposure.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Gas Turbine Engines in a test cell environment or other test cell experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to obtain/retain a Secret level DoD security clearance