Sr. Electrical Engineer
Functions involve applying engineering principles to modify and upgrade laboratory electrical and instrumentation systems in support of power and propulsion RDT&E programs. Prepares procurement specification inputs, interface drawings, installation design packages, and calibration procedures to accommodate unique test requirements. Oversees systems modifications, installation, integration, and checkout functions. Performs test planning, data collection, and test data analysis. Candidate may be required to perform other tasks on an as-needed basis. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Requisition #2022-012.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS degree in electrical engineering from an accredited ABET college or university.
- At least 8 years of experience supporting RDT&E programs for military aircraft/weapon systems, including 6 years performing installation, configuration, calibration, and operation of one or more of the function areas listed below:
- Engine test systems
- Environmental chambers
- Associated instrumentation and/or data acquisition systems used for testing propulsion and electrical power systems
- Capable of managing programs including writing proposals, developing program plans, and providing briefing material
- US Citizenship
- Secret Level DoD security clearance
- Prior DoD acquisition work experience is preferred