Handling, Servicing, and Inspection (HSI) Support Equipment (SE) Engineering Technician
Interpreting, analyzing, utilizing, evaluating, and recommending improvements to engineering drawings, schematics, parts lists, and specifications, while also assembling mechanical equipment accordingly. Must be able to clearly communicate and understand technical requirements/procedures as they pertain to mechanical/electro-mechanical SE, while also being capable of performing test and evaluation of SE items independently. Performance of duties may occur in afloat shipboard environments, along with ashore flight-line, hangar, and SE shop locations. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Requisition #2022-036.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least thirty (30) semester hours of course studies in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
- Must have six (6) years of practical experience as a SE technician performing organizational and/or intermediate level operations and maintenance on SE.
- Experience supporting an SE Program along with designation as an SE Quality Assurance Representative (QAR), Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI), or equivalent are highly desired.
- Must possess a valid driver license and be able to obtain licenses/certifications for and the following SE licenses within 30 days of employment:
- forklift up to 20,000 lbs
- A/S32M-19 Heavy Maintenance Crane
- A/S32A-45 and A/S32A-48 Tow Tractors
- NC-10C, A/M32A-108 or A/M24M-6 MEPPs
- A/M27T-17 Mobile Load Bank
- A/M27T-14 and A/M27T-15 Hydraulic Power Supplies
- A/M26U-4B Nitrogen servicing trailer
- 3,000 psi Portable Nitrogen cylinder
- CAT III (Non-cab) Crane
- Airfield operator license
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and retain a DoD Secret level security clearance.