Armament/Weapons Support Equipment (AWSE) Engineering Technician
Duties include interpreting, analyzing, utilizing, evaluating, and recommending improvements to engineering drawings, schematics, parts lists, and specifications, while also assembling mechanical equipment accordingly. Performance of duties may occur in afloat shipboard environments, along with ashore flight-line, hangar, and AO shop locations. May be required to perform other tasks on an as-needed basis. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Requisition #2023-046.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a military/technical trade school resulting in an Aviation Ordnanceman (AO) Navy Occupational Specialty (NOS) Code A420 or an Aircraft Ordnance Technician, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 6531/6541 in the USMC.
- Must have four (4) years of practical experience as an AO technician performing organizational/intermediate level operations and maintenance on AWSE.
- Experience supporting the AWSE Program along with designation as an AO Quality Assurance Representative (QAR), Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI), or equivalent are highly desired.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and understand technical requirements/procedures as they pertain to mechanical/electro-mechanical SE/AWSE, while also being capable of performing test and evaluation of SE items independently.
- Must possess or be able to obtain licenses/certifications for US Navy forklifts (up to 20K lbs), Category III Overhead Hoist, Aircraft Maintenance Cranes, SE Tow Tractors, Powered Bomb Hoist, Powered Weapons Loaders, and an Airfield Operators License.
- Be able to obtain and retain a DoD Secret level security clearance.