Positional duties involve providing systems administration support to maintain closed-loop network functionality; performing data backup, storage, and archiving routines; developing and submitting inputs to software user documentation; complying with NAVAIR information security guidelines; supporting configuration management requirements; operating computers, network servers, backup storage devices, and other peripheral equipment. Candidate may be required to perform other tasks on an as-needed basis. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. This is a DoD SkillBridge opportunity. Requisition #2022-002.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related technical specialty; OR a HS diploma/GED AND an additional eight (8) years of combined education/experience working within a relevant technical field.
- Basic experience includes at least three (3) years of computer systems related support and requires certifications in Security+ CE (or higher) and in at least one Microsoft Operating System (OS) within 180 days of employment.
- Knowledge and skills relating to Windows Server 2016/Windows 10 and Active directory and group policy are essential, along with ability to address service requests, computer installation and maintenance, routine server maintenance, and server consolidation.
- Knowledge in Windows Server OS Security directives, DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), System Security Scanning, System Patching and Helpdesk Applications.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Requires a top-secret level security clearance