Journeyman Systems Administrator (Information System Security Engineer)
Position will provide Information Technology/System Administrator support for the Airborne ASW Intelligence (AAI)) program. Tasks may include providing and maintaining Information Assurance (IA) scans and paperwork for all AAI Information Technology (IT) – related systems, assembling operating systems drives, providing logistical support or system software distribution/tracking, and assisting program Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities for Authority to Operate (ATO) certifications. Additional responsibilities may involve analysis of in-place IA and Cyber Security plans, programs, and processes to ensure optimized level of security for IT assets/operations, as well as developing/reviewing Certification and Accreditation documentation. Other duties include creating and submitting inputs for software user documentation, compliance with NAVAIR Information Security requirements, and supporting configuration management requirements. Other tasks involve coordinating/providing guidance for analysis and implementation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) actions (e.g. IAVAs, IAVBs); maintaining closed-loop network functionality; performing data backup, storage, and archiving routines; and operating computers, network servers, storage devices, and other peripheral equipment. May be required to perform additional tasks on an as-needed basis. Position is located at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Requisition #2023-001.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires a BS degree and three (3) years of practical Communications-Electronics Advanced Technology (CEAT) computer security experience in secure network and system design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms OR an AS degree and eight (8) years of CEAT-related experience.
- Position requires current and continued system administrator certifications (i.e. CISSP, MCSA, Security +, etc.).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience is strongly desired.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, pass a drug screening test IAW U.S. Government standards, and be able to obtain/retain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
- U.S. military veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
- This is a DoD SkillBridge opportunity.